Thursday, August 03, 2006

C's BIG DAY!!!

So today was C's big first day in the VPK program. So mommy and daddy and her siblings all went ot drop her off expecting it to be a little rough. We get there and get her signed in and proceed to the classroom thinking the whole time, oh boy here comes the rough part. Get to the classroom and I make sure I give her a kiss before she heads in. Her in mommy are the first ones through the doors and C takes off her back pack and is gone. Hardly a bye or anything. I think it's safe to say that mommy and daddy were a little more anxious than she was. So we pick her up from school around 11 expecting there to be wonderful stories to be told. So C how was your day? C: Good. What did you do? Colored and played. Did you make some friends? Yes. What were there names? I don't know, hey K let's go play!!!! So I guess there's nothing to this "school stuff"!!

Since I had the day off for this BIG DAY, I went a head and got her paperwork turned in for soccer as well, oh and the $70 check ( for a 4 year old soccer???? ). So wehn she got home we let her know she was all signed up and that all we had to get was her cleats, shin guards and socks. Well, of course, she had to have all those today! Which it was fun because I took her to buy her first pair of cleats and shin guards and she got to pick them both out on her own ( may have been a little of a mistake as I took a hit to the wallet ). So she has everything and is ready to go. She starts August 19th I do believe. Wonder if I'll be more anxious than her on the day as well????

3 comments:

Lynn said...

From my own experience, I think you will always be more anxious than they will;-) M would love to play soccer but I think we have to wait until spring as they only have it on Saturdays in the fall......D has cross country meets then, and K will be cheering at JV games and also have band competitions....wears me out just typing that!

Take care!

Susan said...

Awww...

Tell her Aunt Susan is SO PROUD of her!!! Our kids start on Monday and I am ALWAYS more anxious than they are!!

Anonymous said...

So glad C's day went so well...for you guys too. She's really growing up TOO fast for Gwamma!! Can't wait to be on the sidelines watching her soccer games...and whatever else she decides to play.
Proud Gwamma!