Saturday, March 24, 2007

The "talk"......

The other night I was in our playroom with our girls coloring, which is a nightly ritual we do just to talk together while G puts Z to sleep. Anyway, C out of the blue says...mom I really need to talk to you, I said ok what's on your mind? She says, how do you make a kid? Totally took me off guard and the world seemed to stop spinning for a minute. I thought to myself how do I explain this so a five year old could understand? I proceeded to explain a relationship between a man and a woman and they make a commitment to each other before God then they decide to have a child together. She stops me suddenly and says...mom! I know all that already I want to know HOW a kid is made! You know that already?! What are they teaching you in Pre-K I wondered??!! Now what do I say.......so I went into a further explanation naming the "private parts" of the male to which D2 chimes in and says...I know what that is Daddy, Z and Uncle D has that! Uncle D?? How did he get into ths conversation?? I know he would be happy that D2 thought about him but not like that!! Oh lord, heaven help me with this. I kept myself together and said yes, that's right K and tried to move forward with this as soon as possible. I got to the female explanation and thought I was doing pretty good when I noticed C had lost all interest because Dragon Tales came on TV and K was humming some song by Tim Mcgraw.
SO, back to coloring I went and was saved by Dragon Tales and Tim........until next tme.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy...can't wait till Uncle D sees this one! Gotta love those inquisitive minds. Can't wait for the next chapter!
LY..M

Dan said...

UH...Lovely!!!!