Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Our Little Monkey!!!!

Ok in case there was ANY dooubt Z is 100% little boy! Not that there was, but its amazing after two girls how different little boys are. He's started doing the usual things bringing rocks inside, playing in the dirt and so on, but at the ripe old age of one he's picked up the habit of climbing! We're sitting here the other day and look over and he's managed to climb up on the computer chair and stand up, then he learned he could get on top of the toy box, then Christie caught him climbing out of his high chair and across the table. While these are feats in themselves the feat from this past weekend takes the cake!

Let me start off by trying to explain the "lay out". The girls have a trampoline ( full size with net around it ) and it probably sits 3-4 feet off the ground, so we put a deck chair out there for them to climb on to get up in the trampoline. Well this weekend they're out there with Z playing and I had to go to the shed, well when I did D1 comes running telling me Z got on the trampoline by himself. I'm thinking there's absolutely NO WAY he got up there himself, so I tell D1 to quit pulling my leg and insisted that she "assisted" in him getting up there. She proceeds to insist she didn't help, so I decided to do a Z climbing experiment. I place him on the ground and sit in amazement as he first climbs on the chair, then stands on the arm of the chair, grabs the netting and pulls himself up into the trampoline!!!! Now this would be like me climbing Everest!!!! Needless to say we've had to move the chair and keep an eye on ANYTHING that "Evil Kanevil" might be able to climb up on.

2 comments:

Susan said...

OH boy...the fun that lies ahead for you all!!!

:-) Love you.

Sooz

Anonymous said...

He's definitely a handful...but such a cute one. You will just have to brace yourselves for the first ER visit!! I don't wanna know!!
LY..M/G'ma