Thursday, January 25, 2007

Funny how things work out....

The other day when I took C to school I was approached by the Director, she wanted to talk to me for a moment. Now the thought that was running through my head was not good, thinking what in the world has my child done that the Director wants to speak with me. Little did I know it had nothing to do with her at all but about me. She said she had noticed my interaction with not only my children but with the other chldren in C's class and wondered if I would like the opportunity to assist the afterschoolers on a part time basis. I have to say I was a little shocked and taken back but my interest was peaked, so we set up a meeting to discuss the details.
I met with her on Tuesday and the hours would be from 2 -6 Monday - Friday, paid of course, and I would have to get 40 hours of certified training. All three of our children would go to the age appropriate classes at this time as well for half price. Needless to say my take home pay after that and taxes will be about how much it would cost to put gas in the car once, but for my children to be exposed to a social learning environment especially our two youngest, makes it all worth while.
I did accept the offer and my start date is February 1st, so wish me luck and we'll see how it works out....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

C...that's totally awesome. Something you will love and the kids will love being there too. Wow..I'm teary eyed! Who says all those prayers don't get answered!!
LY..M

Susan said...

Very fun!! I used to teach that class!!

:-) Susan

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Christie on the job offer...I know you will be ALL they expect you to be, and more. You are the epitome of motherhood, as far as I can see, and also UP THERE, too as a wife. I will accept you too...as a wonderful grandaughter in law. Congratulations...again...Love ya....