Monday, October 16, 2006

Ok I've been tagged...

...not sure what I'm supposed to do, but I'll give it a whirl...

1. Favorite Memory of Your Mother? Wow there's so many. I think first and foremost is her lovingness and never judging people. She's the most forgiving person I've ever known and that has played a HUGE roll in who I am today. I can always count on her there to be there no matter what the situation. We joke about the "redneck" stuff, but it really has molded me into the person I am today. I can count on her to call me every Friday with a "good luck tonight" just like I could when I was playing football. As you can probably tell my mind is racing a million miles a minute trying to think of everything, but I guess to sum things up she is the best mother in the world!

2. Favorite Memory of Your Father? Boy this is causing my tired mind to race to much! It could be the budweiser hat or playing the air sax to The Oak Ridge Boys or the suit joke!!! He taught me that no matter how much I did wrong I was always his son and that he loved me no matter what was happening. He also taught my rear end a few things, but then he also taught me that it was out of love that he punished me and this was evident when he'd come sit down and put his arm around me afterwards and talk to me. Though you may not want to hear it at the time he's always going to tell you what you need to hear and not what you want to hear.

3. What one skill would you like to wake up tomorrow and be able to do (though you'd never learned it?)? Oh boy! I'm sure there's a whole list of things that I could come up with, but I think something that I've always admird about my brother and sister is their musical talents. As they ( and many others ) can attest to I didn't get this gene! So learning to sing and play the guitar would be cool.

4. Which one of your dreams has come true? I can only pick one??? Ok I'm picking two!!! First and foremost would have to be my wife and kids. I couldn't have asked for anything better in life. I'm truly blessed with a beautiful wife and three lovely children. The second would have to be the opportunity I've been given to not only coach high school football, but to do it at my alma mater.


Ok I hope I did this correctly! Mom stop crying!!!!!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Awwwww....great job, G!!!!!

:-)

Anonymous said...

G..Wouldn't you know that I'm a day late checking your blog??!! That's because it hadn't been updated in a few days. And how did you know I would be crying??!! Guess you got me pegged! Gotta get your Dad to read both blogs now. I love them because they tell so much about the person writing them and WHO they are. You did do a great job...don't ever stop!
LY....MUCH....M