Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Big One!

As I have stated before I am coaching at my alma mater, which is like a dream come true for me. The team has probably had 5-7 winning season in 22 years and none the three years I was there. Well Friday night was our BIG district rival matchup with Wharton High School. WHS was undefeated and the defending district champs. It was their homecoming and most other teams had played their game on thursday due to there being no school Friday. Needless to say this was a big game and there were a lot of people in attendance. We lost our starting QB the week before and the kid we had to replace him with had never taken a varsity snap at QB, so we were hurting a little bit offensively. It was a defensive battle through out, but we were able to prevail 17-7. This puts us in a great position to make the playoffs and win our district, we'll be playing for those to feats this week against Land O Lakes.

Want to say thank you to my wonderful wife and mom for being in attendance for such a big game. Love you both.

All I got to say is..... HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!

3 comments:

Dan said...

Way to go, sounds like it was an exciting game. The QB situation made me think of the new TV show Friday Night Lights. It is pretty good if you have not seen it.

Anonymous said...

Coach....it was one heck of a game!! Now to bring that same spirit to LOL on Friday night...winning will be easy! Zach did a heck of a job, and I'm not so sure but I think his backup at the kicking position did better! Quite a leg!! You are doing a great job...even with some heckling!! Go O Line!! Looking forward to Friday night!
LY..M

Susan said...

How exciting!!!!!! Let's go all the way.

:-)