Sunday, July 23, 2006

Weekend Review...

Not much excitement from the homefront. Friday afternoon consisted of daddy mowing the lawn as well as the neighbors lawn. Our neighbor is an "elderly" lady that goes to North Carolina from May to October and me being the great neighbor I am I offered to mow her lawn for her while she was gone so she didn't have to worry about a lawn crew doing it. It's no big deal, it takes me less than an hour to mow them both. After mowing we took the girls swimming. D1 is swimming about 3/4 of the pool on her own and D2 continues make make small strides towards not being scared of the water. After swimming we came home and daddy was back doing yard work. This time it was trimming the palm trees in our front yard.

Saturday began where Friday left off. This time I had to finish putting rock borders around the beds outside our front door so the mulch would quit washing away! It was HOT! After I got the borders down I then decided I'd pressure wash the front walk area, ,so off to Home Depot to buy a replacement nozle for the pressure washer. I tend to start these "little" projects and they turn to big ones. This led to washing the screens on our back porch. Finally through ( physically ) with chores it was off to swim again, but the weather got us and we didn't get to go.

Z had a horrible night Saturday as I was up with him until about midnight and C was up the rest of the night with him. He's cutting teeth so he's cranky and uncomfortable. So this morning I sent C to mom and dad's to sleep and have a day of peace ( they're out of town ). I stayed with the kids and watched the British Open ( great job Tiger! ). Z has stood on his own on several occasions this week, so I have a feeling it won't be long before he takes his first steps. Well the wonderful smell of lasagna is calling me to the table. Hope you all had a great weekend!

2 comments:

Dan said...

Lasagna, dang it now I want lasagna. I just grilled ribs and had corn on the cob and biscuits. :-)

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested