Monday, September 11, 2006

C's MEMORY.....

As I sit here reflecting back to where I was 5 years ago I'm flooded with memories...I was at work drinking my morning cup of coffee watching Good Morning America, when breaking news broke through the usual chatter. A plane had just flown into one of the twin Towers...watching the smoke pour out of this building I remember thinking how could a plane crash into the twin tower? How does an "accident" like that happen? Just then I saw the second plane fly right into the other tower and realized with the rest of America, this was no accident. I sat frozen in my chair and what seemed like everything went into slow motion as the reporters aired that America was under attack. Then they announced a third plane had flown into the Pentagon....I felt sick to my stomach and fearing the safety of all America. I remember putting my hand on my stomach somehow trying to protect the child that was growing inside of me wondering what the future holds in store for this innocent baby. I wanted to gather my family around me but couldn't so the telephone was the next best thing to closeness....
I will never forget that day nor the feelings that went through my body like shock waves. Don't take your family for granted, cherish the times you spend together and love each other.
Pray for the families who lost there loved ones and for all the ones fighting to keep our country safe.
Let us NEVER forget......

2 comments:

Susan said...

C-

Family is so important! I remember wanting to just grab all my kids and D and be together, too. It was a sad, sad day.

Anonymous said...

C...What a day of memories. Even watching the Today Show remembrance "rerun" yesterday was difficult. I am thankful everyday for the close family that we have and pray that we won't have to be faced with these terrifying feelings again.
LY..M