Friday, July 07, 2006

Back In The Saddle...

So we're back from vacation and shaking off the vacation hangover, wishing we were still sitting on the river. We had a wonderful time as my mom and dad, sister, her 3 boys and one of their girlfriends were there. Other than it being a holiday weekend it also happens to be the opening of scallop season. Well evidently the scallops haven't been reading up on when this begins as there weren't any there. In two days we collected about 25 of them when you'll usually get around 1000 for two days! Things started of "rocky" on our first attempted trip out. The boat started overheating and we had to be towed back in, so that pretty much shot that day. Before I go any further let me say a huge thank you to my uncle and cousin for coming to our rescue and allowing us to use there boat for the weekend. Our girls absolutely had a ball swimming in the river, fishing and generally horsing around with their cousins. Zach found himself a girlfriend in my sister second oldest girlfriend. She was absolutely fabolous with the kids. Now she probably thinks I'm a little off my rocker after her, my nephew and my wife went to Crazy Dave's Fireworks, but it was all in good fun. As dad likes to say "we're making memories" and we sure did that. Hopefully we'll have some pictures to throw up soon, MOM?????

2 comments:

Susan said...

It was great fun...I'll try to upload pics this weekend!! Glad you're recovering.

Anonymous said...

Finally got to the update after linking from S's site!! I agree...it was a great weekend. I have some pictures loaded, but left the other memory stick up there. Your aunt will be bringing it home.
M