Saturday, June 17, 2006

Settling In

So we're settling into or little piece of the pie. This whole concept is new to me, so forgive me if it's redundant or boring or both or whatever. It's good to see at least two people have visited us and we thank you the two of you. As for the rest of you were ya'll at? My sister will absolutely love my abuse of the English language and butchering of quite a few words!!! If you know me, well that's just me and ain't nothing I can do about it!

Today was a good day, it was step 6 in the twelve step program. Wait, sorry wrong place for that, let's start over. Today started off like most waking around five. I was kicked to the couch about three by MC. She seems to have gotten into the habit of coming in mommy and daddy's room about this time every night and wanting in bed. So you say well just put her back in her bed, no big deal. Well unless we want all three of them up at that time (due to crying) you let her get in bed and either go to her bed or the couch. CC and ZC have no problems sleeping through the night, thank goodness. So once everyone is awake awound 6 we do the normal morning routine. MC tells me she wants Miss Patty-Cakes to cut her hair. Now this is a shocker because the girl won't even let you touch hair, let alone get it cut. So CC calls Ms. Patty-Cakes and the sets a time for MC to get a hair cut, 1:15. About 9:30 CMC, MC and myself load up in the truck and are off to get mulch and rocks, work for daddy. These two for some reason are amazed with how they load the mulch in the truck with a front end loader, so going with me is a big deal. So we get the mulch and head home for daddy to get to work. The girls are all excited because they're going to "help". Well help is god for the first two minutes, then turns into pushing bugs around daddy as he works and when that is finally boring (usually about 5-10 minuted later) the bikes come out. So I get the mulch in the beds, they look great. Now we're off to gwama's house so CC and MC can drop myself, CMC and ZC off to go to the cemetary while they go to Ms. Patty-Cakes. Gwama, myself, CMC and ZC are off to the cemetary to put flowers on Papa's grave ( CMC requested to go ). This is very tough for me as I was very close to Papa and I know how much he loved the girls and I only wish they would have been able to know him like I did, but I'm thankful that they have the memories they do. Every time we hear a train whistle they'll say "Pap's saying hi". So we do that while CC and MC are at Ms. Patty-Cakes. We head home to see how the "ordeal" was and much to my delight MC absolutely enjoyed it and was no problem. Now it's SWIM time!!!! Yea!!! Myself, CMC, MC and grandpa get in the pool for an afternoon of swimming. CMC is doing great, she's all over the pool with her "floaties" on. Today was the first day she took her "floaties" off and she did awesome, ended up swimming from the steps to the far side of the pool. MC is still a little hesitant with the swimming thing, but is coming around and actually stuck her head in the waterfall. GRam showed up while we were in the pool and the girls were very excited. After swimming we cooked hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill. Played for a while in the living room, while ZC held court with his jabbering and the fact that he can sit up on his own now. The girls fell asleep on the way home and didn't budge when I picked them up to carry them in. Well this concludes our first real blog. I know it's one run on paragraph, but this ain't no contest!!!! Take care I'm off to watch the Rays and then off to bed. Catch ya'l later.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Hey, I'm impressed! Sounds like a good day over all. We are all staying up late to watch the Steve Martin version of the Pink Panther. It's pretty funny! Take care and good night;-)

Susan said...

Wow! I think your ONE post is longer than Dan's entire BLOG!!! Seriously, though, I am glad that you are here and that you had a good day. Sounds like everyone is doing well...now to figure out all the C's in your family!!!!!!!!

;-)